Lemon heart biscuits for Valentine’s Day13th February 2017
A tasty heartfelt gift for the one you love this Valentine’s Day – lemon biscuits dipped in dark chocolate – created by our founder Debs…
Visually striking, with dark chocolate part coating the buttery lemon biscuits. These crisp biscuits have a refreshing zing of lemon and rich chocolate flavour that go perfectly together.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 450g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 300g plain chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3. Line two baking trays with baking paper and leave to one side.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl before adding the lemon zest. Mix for 30 seconds then stir in the egg.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and keep stirring. Gradually add the milk to turn the mixture in to a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes if the kitchen in warm.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface so it is 5mm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes and transfer on to the trays. Bake for 15- 20 minuets, when turn lightly golden remove them the oven and transfer on to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave. Half dip each biscuit in the chocolate then return it to set on a new sheet of baking parchment.
Enjoy this sweet treat with someone special, or share the love with your friends, family and colleagues!
Check out the nutritional information in the app – you’ll find this delicious recipe in the Baking section.